Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Book Review: Va Va Voom

I am always on the look out for new books & magazines to add to my "Library of Inspiration". The kind of material that I can look at to generate new ideas for photo shoots that I produce. So I tend to look for source material that relates to pin ups, fashion, & fantasy art.

Recently I came across a book on the history of the Hollywood pinup. A casual look over told me it was an immediate addition to my personal library. That book is "Va Va Voom". The book is nearly 300 pages long with I am quite sure at least the same amount of pinup images of Hollywood beaties & actresses. It covers the 1940's to the 1970's. Each chapter is introduced with a shot text intro, but the main emphasis is quality images of beautiful pin up images. There is certainly plenty of material here for anyone that wants to adopt some old Hollywood pinup ideas for their own shoots.

This is a book I would recommend for addition to your own library. And it can be gotten through Amazon.com at a good price. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment